Horrified Observers of Pedestrian Entertainment: The World Behind H.O.P.E.

 

 

10/04/2004

The World Behind H.O.P.E.

We get a lot of emails from all over the world, and we thought it might be nice to share a few. Thank you for all your support!

Hey, I just wanted to tell you all that you are doing a great job of rooting out such talent-less so call celebrities. I am from South Africa, and even here all you see in magazines and on satellite TV is Paris friggin’ Hilton. The first time I saw her first thought was – what have you done to be so famous? The mind boggling thing is that she has done absolutely nothing to be considered famous.

I second that Ashton Kutcher should be relegated to the back of the line. He is truly a no-talent hack. He is shamelessly grasping on to the limelight by hanging onto that other no-talent has-been Demi Moore.

Anway, keep it up.

Heather

SOUTH AFRICA!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

I live in London and I'd love to get involved with HOPE campaigns over here.

I think you'll be interested to know that HOPE is being promoted on BBC Radio 4 tonight, 6:30pm on a
topical satire programme called The Now Show. The comedian Mitch Benn has discovered your site and has
written a little set and a song about it. I was at the recording of the show, and I really hope it gets
broadcast so other people hear about all this!
I look forward to hearing about how I can join up,
until then, keep up the good work!

Fiona Wilkie.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi my name is Knut and im from Norway. It's always nice to see americans taking responsability for the hell you have unleashed on the world in the shape of Ashlee and Jessica Simpson, Britney Spears, Cristina Aguilera and the rest of the second rate entertainers of America.

regards

Knut-H Nordskog


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi there.

when I heard of HOPE I couldn't stop smiling, well done.

Leo
Australia

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

you people are awsome


i heard you on Triple j on A.B.C in australia, but more importantly so
did my girlfriend. she asked me if she can borrow my amiee mann C.D.

after 1 1/2 years i've never manage to enlighten her.

you guys did it in a 5 min. segment at 5:45 e.s.t on the 23/11/04.

you people are awsome!

Thanks guys

C. Mcfarlane

P.S

please let me know how to join

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

Good work!

Sara, Oslo, Norway

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just want to support your cause. I think it's great that you are trying to expand people's minds. It's about time and we deserve good music!!! And good t.v.!!!

Inbal
Israel

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi there,

I produce a talk show on Beat 102-103, we cover the South of Ireland. I came across your website today and found it very entertaining – I would love to give it some coverage on the show, and wondered if someone involved in the site would be around someday to have a chat with us on the air. We’d love to find out more about what the site is all about, how it got started, and how listeners can get involved.

The show is called Beat Talk, the presenter’s name is Niall Power, and telephone interviews usually last around five minutes.

Let me know if you are interested and we can set up a time and day.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Patrick Haughey

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

I just saw HOPE on CNBC Squawk Box. I think what you guys are doing is great and I think the message is good, about needing talent to be successful... or next we’ll have Britney running for political office and winning. (perhaps only in California, but nonetheless.)

Please place me on a mailing list if you have one.

Thanks

Ross

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi my name is Cyna Strachan
I am 13 years old and I live in Australia.
I really beilieve in what you guys do.
I constantly have to watch bad music being produced
especially going to an all girls school...!!

I absoultley love the ramones they are my faviurite band ever.
I would really like to become a memeber, even if i am in australia

Cyna