Horrified Observers of Pedestrian Entertainment: War (of the Worlds) is Hell...

 

 

5/06/2005

War (of the Worlds) is Hell...

Featured E-mail of the Week:

The image “http://www.expedite-email-marketing.com/images/emaillist.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.Dear H.O.P.E.

I love your campaigns, however, I feel that you are missing an important aspect: classic books being remade as movies. Let me rephrase that: being remade as crap movies. Crap movies with Dakota Fanning and Tom Cruise.

I beg you to help alert people of the impending doom that is War of the Worlds. Stephen Spielberg has transformed what was a philosophical story about life on other planets into another blockbuster blow-em-up movie. Please help spread the word that just because moviemakers can't think of new plots, doesn't mean they're allowed to sodomize good books.

Read the original! It's better, I promise--

Julia